Until the release of the iPad 3 which is, in my humble opinion, the “real” iPad “new generation”, here are the specifications of the IPAD 2 which is to be released this month.
No doubt Apple has rushed out of the iPad to meet the wave of tablets Android invade the market. If Apple had had a little more time, they would surely have release the new iPad in few months with the screen Retina.
Clearly, one who is accustomed to the magnificent resolution of the iPhone 4, the (relatively) low resolution of the iPad 1 and 2 becomes a bit “shocking” …
Anyway, here are the spec. And, of course, the day it ships, the day I buy one !
- 1GHz dual-core A5 CPU
- 16GB, 32GB, 64GB storage options
- Front & Rear Cameras, front is VGA, rear is 720p
- 9.7″ LED display with 1024×768 screen resolution at 132ppi
- GPU said to be 9x faster
- Video output supports up to 1080p
- Runs iOS 4.3
- 10 hour battery life
- White & Black color options
- 1.3 lbs … thinner build